Free Lonely Planet Ebook

I guess I can share the credit with Lonely Planet :)

Today I’m really excited to announce the launching of my first ever book. Not only is this my first book, but it is done in partnership with Lonely Planet, it is FREE, and it features 39 other co-authors who happen to be some of the best travel bloggers around.

Around the World with 40 Lonely Planet Bloggers has been my baby for the past year, from conception, to design. I was the project manager for the book and I poured a lot of blood and sweat into it over the past year. I think I also lost a little more hair as well. The ultimate aim of the book is to provide you, the reader, with a tour of not only the world, but also a vetted list of professional travel blogs to help inspire you and your next trip.

The concept is simple, put 40 long term experienced travel bloggers together, shake, stir in Internet, cameras, temples, exotic wildlife, a healthy dose of adventure, oceans, sunsets, dancing, and passports and see what pops out. The result is the first ever Lonely Planet Blogsherpa Photo E-book that explores our beautiful world from street level through the eyes of travel bloggers.

As a part of Lonely Planet’s Blogsherpa program, my articles have been syndicated on LP and to their readership. However, with the launch of this book, the sherpies (as we call ourselves) got together to produce the book from the bottom up. It reflects how we see the world, how we travel, and our dreams of sharing our experiences as widely as possible.

I could go on and on describing the book, but it’s better if you just dive right into the 88 pages of color, excitement and passion for travel that jumps out at the reader. Don’t forget to visit the other bloggers through the book!

Sign up Below to Get the E-Book sent to you

This book also marks the beginning of my e-mail newsletter and the e-book is my thank you for following me. To get the e-book simply sign up in the form below and I’ll e-mail you the download link to the book. In addition you’ll get infrequent updates from me on what’s new here on Todd’s Wanderings and in my wider life.

I take your trust very seriously and promise not to overwhelm you will crap. You’ll get updates from me on new posts every few weeks on only things that I think you will appreciate along with the odd update whenever something major happens that I think you’ll find value in (running for president, climbing Mount Everest, my role in overthrowing dictators, or the publishing of my next book).

21 Responses to “A Free Lonely Planet Book Just for You”

1. andynewbomNo Gravatar says:

awesome book Todd thanks!
    andynewbom´s recent [type] ..Nanelle’s First Published Article- x2!

2. hello Todd,
    I recently downloaded this book published by Lonely Planet. Really worthy book about travel bloggers.
    Let me read it and write the review on Travelia Planet.

Thanks & Happy Travelling !!
    Surender Sharma´s recent [type] ..Top 5 Summer Tourist Destinations in India

3. ArtiNo Gravatar says:

That is awesome, Just signed up for it! This e-book is going to be really interesting! Congrats Todd, That is some achievement, Really :)
    Arti´s recent [type] ..Enroute to Badrinath Uttarkashi – Birahi Part II

4. Awesome! It sounds like you put a ton of effort into this. Signing up now!
    Scott – Quirky Travel Guy´s recent [type] ..LA In Songs

5. Wai TsuiNo Gravatar says:

Congrats Todd! Just downloaded the ebook. Yay! Great pictures and writeup and good to know more great travel blogs out there!
    Wai Tsui´s recent [type] ..Choosing the Right Waterproof Breathable Jacket for Summer Trip to Asia

Thanks Wai Tsui. Glad to know you are enjoying the pretty pictures and discovering more great travel bloggers/writers. This is the whole point of the book :)

6. JasonNo Gravatar says:

Congrats Todd!
    You were instrumental in getting this project done and the results speak for themselves! Great work; the finished product is amazing.
    Jason
    Jason´s recent [type] ..Lonely Planets Blogsherpa Program Produces Its First Photo Ebook

7. Great work, Todd! I think I speak on behalf of all of the ebook participants when I say that your efforts were infinitely impressive and very much appreciated!
    aladyinlondon´s recent [type] ..Lady in the Lonely Planet Book

Awe, thanks :) It was great working with everyone and LP. I’m still in disbelief that we actually launched this thing. It has been a part of my life for the past year and it’s really nice to see it take off.

8. TaraNo Gravatar says:

Congrats! (‘,) You should be very proud! I want a copy of it toooooo (‘,)
    Tara´s recent [type] ..Let’s Wrap it Up Vung Tau- The Goods and the Bads

9. Sarah WuNo Gravatar says:

congrats on ur 1st launch book.

10. DavidNo Gravatar says:

Congrats Todd,

I can’t wait to read it. (I guess I’ll start tonight) :-)
    David´s recent [type] ..Tarako

11. CONGRATS Todd!!! It’s gorgeous!!! And I’m excited to dig in to some blogs I hadn’t heard of. :)
    Lorna – the roamantics´s recent [type] ..Donating My Hair in Honor of a Friend on Earth Day

12. LaurinaNo Gravatar says:

Wait, am I just out of it or where can you actually download it from? congrats in any case!!! :o )

Yes, Laura you are out of it! Just sign up for the mailing list and the download link will get sent to you by e-mail. Hope you enjoy the book.