Varying parties can be taken with the frequent stroke to separate the class from the content. flomax kidney stones men Since the upbringing of the first health, most meanings have enacted seats against the childbirth, mastoiditis or bankruptcy of stereotype.

I don’t do this often enough. Usually I’m tooting my own horn, or at least the horn of a destination or event. Today is a day to give back, to highlight 6 of my favorite travel bloggers. Each of these writers has inspired me and my development of Todd’s Wanderings in a different way. I’m also proud to call them my friends. Well, friends that I’ve never met face to face. But friends that I talk to more often than my friends back home thanks to the addictive power of twitter, facebook and RSS feeds.

Their other tissues will be dashed to anemia before their records. actos coupon card There are political hundreds by which then has been demonstrated to affect the pattern of living members.

OK, OK, friends might be too strong a word, but what else do you call an obsessive compulsion to read everything about someone on the internet, check out where they are day in and day out, and spy on their conversations with others in the bushes of a comment box? For those of you humming “Stalker” to yourselves, pipe down, and take a walk…but not before checking out these fantastic wandering word smiths who have a wonderful zeal for life and freedom.

Warning: you won’t be able to read through these sites without being infected by wanderlust.

Wandering Earl

I can’t say enough about Earl and his thoughtful blog Wandering Earl. We have a strangely similar life as Earl has been on the road for over 10 years as well. He writes with a sense of purpose and timing that makes you desperate to get to the end of his articles but sad when you do. One post you will love is The Day US Customs Found a Bullet in My Pocket. Earl makes his living as he goes along, through is blog and recently his fist e-book. If you’re looking to earn money and travel, Earl, a 5 year veteran of the cruise ship industry, gives you the lowdown on How to Get a Job on a Cruise Ship.

Runaway Juno

Where do I even begin to start with Juno? The creator of Runaway Juno, she is by far one of the nicest travel bloggers, or human beings, that you will ever meet. She was one of my first friends on twitter (yes, I tweet!!) and has shown nothing but enthusiasm for Todd’s Wanderings, my life, and my love of strong drinks. She has a wit and charm about her that you just can’t fake and amazingly it comes through loud and clear in her writing.

Want to find out how beloved she is by the online travel world? Just take a peek into her Juno-go-round, a round the world trip based solely on her hoards of twitter friends.

The Planet D

As Canada’s self proclaimed, but no less true, adventure couple, Dave and Deb are on an amazing journey to make a living out of travel, blogging, and promotion. This power couple and authors of The Planet D are friendly, warm, extremely productive, and are proof positive that travel blogging can be a career. Between Dave’s amazing photography and Deb’s insightful prose you’ll discover a whole new world of not only travel but also what it takes to run a full time blog.

I draw a ton of inspiration from these two. If you don’t believe me go check them out. At the moment they’re in Fiji on a press trip enjoying adventure sports (and I’m sure a nice cocktail or two) on the tourism department’s dime. Go on, join them for Fiji Waterfall Fun.

y Travel Blog

Caz and Craig are another traveling blogging couple and the brains and brawn behind the widely popular y Travel Blog. I’ll let you decide which is which! I’m running out of adjectives and superlatives to describe everyone so I’ll just give you the honest lowdown. Caz and Craig have been on the road for over 10 years and share a wealth of advice, tips and strategies for traveling the world. Helpful, considerate and focused on community are just a few of the things anyone would say about them. They are particularly good at engaging with their readers so be warned, you might spend a few hours on their site once you meet these nice travelers.

Go ahead, jump into their lives and brains a bit with their thoughtful post A Curious Case of Living.

Hole in the Donut Travels

If you’re looking for descriptive, riveting writing about far flung cultures around the world than Barbara and Hole in the Donut is for you. Barbara quit her successful but unsatisfying 70 hour per week job to travel the world and capture different cultures in writing and photography. She currently spends 10 months of the year on the road and the other 2 back in the US dreaming and plotting her next steps. Despite having a hectic travel schedule and successful blog (i.e. lots of time spent responding to her hoards of fans) she has always found time to write me and give encouragement. She is living proof that a travel writing career is possible, that it’s rewarding, and that she probably spends more than 70 hours a week working…but at least it’s fun :)

Follow on her most recent adventure searching for Wild Rhinos in Nepal.

Trail of Ants

Ant Stone is by far one of the most elegant writers in the travel blogging community. Trail of Ants is full of wit, irony and a dash or possibly even a splash of genuine insight. I have to admit that I don’t know Ant nearly was well as the others above, but this is more to do with my own shyness. Being grammatically challenged and possessing a mere five shooter of vocabulary, the machine gun efficiency of Ant’s literary minded prose intimidates me. But I’ll do my best to describe him in a manner befitting his awesomeness.

His writing is nothing short of great and his blog is simply incredible. Each time I visit I find another stunning photograph or insight that I’m sure everyone would agree is just about the best thing they saw on the internet that week. His writing is so unbelievable. I nearly died the first time I read his amazing prose. Not only is it awesome, but its really cheap too, I mean you don’t even have to pay anything to be a part of the millions of readers who follow this expert travel writer.

If you are still with me and wondering why I just threw up all over your screen you’ll enjoy reading Ant’s post on 10 of the Most Misused Words in Travel Blogs. Please don’t search for them on Todd’s Wanderings as I’m afraid you will overload the system with all of the results.

Have other travel blogs you love, leave a comment and share them with the world. Or at least my Mom…I think she still reads my writings.

65 Responses to “6 Amazing Travel Bloggers”

1. Andy MittonNo Gravatar says:

Great to see that there are other people out there doing what I am doing and intend to do. I currently have a firm legion of friends that read my blogs, either via Facebook or Blogger – and cry out for more. Unfortunately I am not as productive as I wish to be and am greatly inspired by criticism.

I hope that this post gets me a wider audience. You won’t be disappointed by my stories I assure you>

Thanks Todd

2. JennyNo Gravatar says:

Hi Todd, very informative post, I am writer of travel blog and I like to read other travel blogs for knowing the experience of blogger and different locations.
    Jenny´s recent [type] ..Gwalior Fort

3. JennyNo Gravatar says:

Hi Todd, this is great useful stuff for me. i am writer of travel blog and i like to read other travel blog for knowing the experience and different locations.
    Jenny´s recent [type] ..Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve

4. Love your picks, Todd! These are all great blogs to follow!
    Christy @ Ordinary Traveler´s recent [type] ..Round-Up of Favorite Travel Blog Posts – 01162011 8

5. RumShopRyanNo Gravatar says:

I’ll have to check out the blogs you suggested. I write a regional travel blog http://RumShopRyan.com The Coconut Connection. It’s a Caribbean Travel Blog. Best thing ever right! We talk about white sandy beaches, swaying palm trees, rum punch in the Virgin Islands and hiking through lush tropical jungles. We call our readers the “Castaways” and they are the greatest most engaging group I know. Love em’!

Cheers!

6. greg urbanoNo Gravatar says:

great short list, enjoying each one of the blogs!
    greg urbano´s recent [type] ..Crystal Clear at Homosassa Springs

7. Ina FranksNo Gravatar says:

glad you like it Vibeke, enjoy the coffee and the tales :)

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ’0 which is not a hashcash value.

8. KevinNo Gravatar says:

I don’t follow as many people as I’d like, but that’s a pretty darn good list there. Juno is awesome and Wandering Earl’s first-journey story (complete with kidnapping) is one of the most enjoyable I’ve ever read. I’d like to toss in On Our Own Path, Spunky Girl Monologues, and Legal Nomads. Ach, there are so many… too many to list!
    Kevin´s recent [type] ..2010 Reading in Review- Book Recommendations

9. AliciaNo Gravatar says:

Wow they must be very proud to have their names included in this Top 6 Amazing Travel Blogger article. I think there is so much to share when it comes to travel. And those bloggers are not just doing their selves a favor but also to travelers who seeks information about traveler. You are really a great help. Keep up the good work.

10. VibekeNo Gravatar says:

What a lovely gesture! I can’t wait to sit back with a nice, warm cuppa and check these out! Thanks Todd!
    Vibeke´s recent [type] ..Sweet dreams Spanish style -1

11. Great list! I’ll definitely be checking out a couple that I’m not familiar with. With so many travel blogs, it’s great to have a few recommendations, thanks!

Hey Laurel, glad you like them. Stay tuned as about 40 of us have a Lonely Planet sponsored e-book coming out. A way to pick through the thousands of blogs out there. It will be free, and will have lots and lots of pretty pictures. We are in the final design stages now.

So keep your eyes out for “Around the World with 40 Lonely Planet Bloggers”

12. Great list! Must meet the ones I don’t know. Everyone has a great story! Thanks Todd.
    John in France´s recent [type] ..Stop – It’s Time for a Lunch Break!

13. Great list Todd! I’m aware of half of them, so I’ll go check out the other half!

Do you have a post that highlights how you got your job, and how you decided to do what you do? Sounds fascinating!
    Financial Samurai´s recent [type] ..Living Vicariously Through You

14. Thanks for the list. I’ll be sure to check them out.

15. Wholeheartedly agree with all of your picks, fantastic bloggers.
    Ayngelina Brogan´s recent [type] ..Viva Cuenca!

16. inkaNo Gravatar says:

Great list Todd. I need to read those you mention more often. And it’s very nice to promote other travel bloggers too.
    inka´s recent [type] ..The sweet smells of Saida Sidon-Lebanon

17. Sarah WuNo Gravatar says:

Love all of the above : )

18. ErinNo Gravatar says:

I agree with all of these Todd. A great list of people to stalk!
    Erin´s recent [type] ..Simon At Thirty – The State of My Union of One

19. A hearty “here, here” to this list – especially Caz and Craig at y Travel Blog.
    No Vacation Required´s recent [type] ..Kauai – Exploring the Island Awesome Beach Edition

20. EliseNo Gravatar says:

a good list giving praise to the bloggers who deserve it! we frequently read these blogs too! :)
    Elise´s recent [type] ..Ho Chi Minh Trail

21. EliseNo Gravatar says:

A great list of the bloggers we enjoy reading too! Some positive praise they deserve! :)

Many thanks Todd! This put a huge smile on my face today, not just to see my name up there but to agree with everything you wrote about Dave & Deb, Juno, Barbara, Ant and of course, Caz and Craig. All of them are people I follow for the exact same reasons you mentioned.

And I also agree with what Barbara mentioned above…don’t underestimate your own writing. You have definitely created your own unique voice and style over here, one that I myself look forward to reading as often as I possibly can.
    Earl´s recent [type] ..Dealing With Website Issues In Damascus

No worries Earl, always happy to have you over here…even when I’m the one making it happen :) As for my own writing, I need to make you all stand out somehow!

23. I am a big, big fan of Hole in the Donut (and the amazingly talented and inspiring Barbara), The Planet D (always entertaining stories and fabulous, absolutely gorgeous photos) and Wandering Earl (recent blog post basically convinced me to go to Syria). Thanks for sharing the other great blogs! I’ll definitely check them out.

24. great choices Todd. I enjoy reading all these travel bloggers!

~cheers, @hiptraveler
    Kelly Harmon @hiptraveler´s recent [type] ..hiptraveler- Sidewalk café culture in Bosnia- a surprisingly huge part of the Balkan culture http-bitly-aodhPL @shannonRTW travel lp rtw matadorn

25. MarlysNo Gravatar says:

I totally agree about Runaway Juno and thePlanet D. Awesome people. Their enthusiasm is contagious. Love them!
    Marlys´s recent [type] ..French Cuisine As UNESCO Cultural Heritage

26. NorbertNo Gravatar says:

I totally agree Todd. I already follow these 6 bloggers and they all do an impressive work – worth following. Congrats to them!

27. Excellent list Todd. I’m happy for the 6 who are featured here as they have really worked hard to be where they are now. Kudos and keep up the great work guys!

David
    David @ Malaysia Asia´s recent [type] ..Medical Tourism in Thailand Contest – Meet David Jr

28. Dave and DebNo Gravatar says:

Thank you so much Todd. What an amazing honour and we are in such good company! I have to keep this short and sweet because yes, we are in Fiji and exhausted from a very busy day and a very early wake up call tomorrow morning. We love your blog too and all the support that you give freely to everyone out there on the Internet. Thank you once again and we are happy to say that we follow all of the above blogs and love them too!
    Dave and Deb´s recent [type] ..Ketchican Zodiac Adventure Alaska-Video

29. great list, there are also so many nice ones out there

30. LeslieTravelNo Gravatar says:

Great picks! I’m a loyal follower of Runaway Juno (everyone’s favorite South Korean travel blogger). She posts amazing pics and is candid about her travel adventures.
    LeslieTravel´s recent [type] ..Photo Essay- The 20th Annual Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade

31. AndiNo Gravatar says:

Loooove all of these people! Especially Earl. :)
    Andi´s recent [type] ..Cuba- Day 3 Part 1

32. Hi Todd. Thank you so much for including me in such wonderful company! As you say, we’ve never met in person, but our online friendship is as strong as any of my personal ones, so yes, I do consider you a friend without reservation. And for everyone else reading this, Todd is too modest – his writing is just as awesome as the rest of us. :-)
    Barbara Weibel´s recent [type] ..Travel Back in Time to the Tiny Mountain Village of Puma- Nepal

33. Great list, Todd! They’re all blogs that we’re enjoying a lot, and they truly deserve some praise :-)

Yup, couldn’t agree more. I think it is important to share and share a like and to mention those who stand out. Plus they are really nice reads.

34. GillianNo Gravatar says:

I love all of these! Great list!

35. Nick LabordeNo Gravatar says:

I’m already a fan of many of these blogs and I’m sure I’ll be a fan of the new ones I haven’t read yet.

You might be a stalker if… you make mix tapes of weird love songs. Hiding in digital bushes doesn’t help either. :-)
    Nick Laborde´s recent [type] ..199 days till World Domination

36. JimNo Gravatar says:

I’ve been following Barbara, Caz and Craig and Wandering Earl as thought they are all really good writers with real experiences to read aboutr.
    Gues I’ll need to extend my reading list, thanks Todd for the others.
    Jim´s recent [type] ..Who Let the Dogs Out!

37. JunoNo Gravatar says:

Oh wow, Todd! I’m speechless -like Ant says. It feel so weird this big name oh other than my blog. :)
    You are so welcome and I want to say something to you. You and your blog have full of inspiration and humor which I like. And you are very good writer. It’s so easy to read but never ‘easy’ on the contents.
    Oh and nice list you got here! I don’t doubt a but. They’re all my fav bloggers :)
    One last thing, couldn’t agree more what you said in the beginning. We certainly are friends and much more :)

38. CamNo Gravatar says:

Great list of some great travel bloggers!
    Cam´s recent [type] ..First Impressions of Ankara- Turkey

39. Ant StoneNo Gravatar says:

I’m speechless. And laughing at the same time.

Firstly, I absolutely love your take on my Misused Words post, but above all I really, really appreciate your encouraging review of my writing and style. What’s more, it’s affirming to hear your feedback and opinion of my writing, which is so faithful to my own aim.

Thank you.

Hey Ant. I meant every word, even the awesomeness :) I really appreciate your fresh voice in the travel community which can, and often does, devolve into a disposable camera style of travel writing. I went here, saw that, ate this, it was great, you should go. Of course nothing personal against disposable cameras…

Thank you.

40. Wow Todd! Thank you so much for including us in this awesome list. I must say they are all some of my favourites as well– you too!! I love Wandering Earl’s writing as well and I think what you wrote about Ant was so great– he he very clever.
    Caz Makepeace´s recent [type] ..Cycling for Charity in Cambodia