Thunder and lightening…no problem. No path, whatever. Once you see how beautiful Dragash, Kosovo is nothing will keep you away from the dramatic mountains and the fresh air. Here is a short introduction to the Dragash Hiking Guide, a project I’m working on to be the first to map out hiking routes in this remote area of southern Kosovo. Not a bad way to spend the weekend! More detailed Dragash, Kosovo Hikes will be up soon. As will the magic letters :)

What do you think? Would you visit Dragash, Kosovo?

14 Responses to “On Top of Kosovo and Macedonia”

1. i hope the hike is not to hard up to that place. it looks a bit rocky, the view on top over there is crazily beautiful, i wish i was there to see it for myself. you are very lucky

Hi Zablon, The hike up is not technically difficult but it is steep and there is no path :) Luckily there are two peaks and the first one has almost as nice of a view so hikers can decide to go on or be satisfied with what they have.

2. JohnNo Gravatar says:

Looks amazing! From what I know of videos and photos, if it was that amazing on film, then it must have been awe-inspiring in person. Looks like a rocky hike though from the bit you showed of the ground.

3. I would totally visit Kosovo, love the video.
    Ayngelina Brogan´s recent [type] ..The only place worth eating lunch in Taganga

4. Jeremy BNo Gravatar says:

Great video Todd! I’ve always been interested in that region ever since my trip to Eastern Europe (or rather, central Europe for those who focus on geography). I also love mountains as well so this seems like a great place to visit (minus the storms!). Another added bonus to this – you seem very personable and likable in your video as well! :)
    Jeremy B´s recent [type] ..Budget travel week in review – Fall and holiday travel deals- river cruise tips- Lake Tahoe events

Thanks Jeremy, the mountains are indeed beautiful. I’m just about to publish the hiking paths that got me there as part of the guide book I’m working on. Glad to know I fooled you on the personable and likable parts ;) I’m hoping my wife doesn’t realize it has been an act.

• Jeremy BNo Gravatar says:

I wasn’t saying you weren’t personable and likable before. I am just saying the video confirmed it and added a whole new dimension to reading your blog! However, if your wife is like mine, she will probably agree that you are not always personable and likable! :)
        Jeremy B´s recent [type] ..3 vacations I won’t take

Yes, she will be very happy to agree with you that I am not always likable :) I guess wives are there to keep use grounded! Thanks for interacting so much here, it is really great to get to know people.

5. I didn’t climb the second peak but am able to live with myself only if I promise myself to go back! thanks for sharing the video, I can see what I missed! :)

6. HerbNo Gravatar says:

Very nice, your hiking guide is going to be a great asset to people of that region for drawing people like me who love to hike. How are the Octobers there? Would that be a good time to hike?
    Herb´s recent [type] ..Please Send 9-600-000 Dollars

Hi Herb, thanks! Octobers can be quite cold (or at least I assume). It was the end of July and at night the temperature hit about freezing (0 C). That being said, I can’t wait for snowshoeing and ski touring :)